Telecommunications Jobs > Site Engineer Representing Owner > Site Engineer Representing Owner Job Description:
nature of assignment|
part-time contract 3-4 days per week. initially for a period of one month, but to be extended on a rolling basis if performance is fully satisfactory. anticipated duration of contract is 3-4 months. the purpose of this assignment is to be the eyes and ears of the client on site so the ability to provide clear written and verbal reports is essential.
a telecommunications duct line is being constructed between abu talat and zafarana by telecom egypt for our client. construction is expected to start in late january and last for approximately three months.
work will be based at telecom egypt’s offices in smart village, outside cairo, but frequent site visits will be required to monitor progress along the duct route. the candidate will attend regular meetings with telecom egypt and their contractors as an observer and report back to the client.
the completed duct line will be used for an interconnector cable system for a submarine cable network connecting europe to the middle east so it is essential that the project is completed on time and to a high technical standard. the client therefore wishes to employ a site engineer to monitor the work carried out by telecom egypt and to provide progress reports.
all work will be conducted under a non-disclosure / confidentiality agreement provided by the client.
candidates will be self-reliant, able to exercise mature judgement and have experience working as a site engineer and in the telecommunications sector. they will be fluent in spoken and written arabic and have a high standard of written and spoken english. in addition to written reports they will be expected to participate in telephone conference calls with the client.
they will be able to work independently in egypt and will hold a driver’s licence valid in egypt and be able to provide their own transport. flexible working is required. it is anticipated that work will be on 3 to 4 days per week, but this will depend upon the progress made with the duct line construction. the successful candidate will be paid at an agreed rate only for the days actually required to work.
previous experience in telecommunications construction, especially projects that include fibre-optic land cables would be an advantage. applications from candidates with experience on submarine cable projects would be especially welcome.
• attend the site office in smart village, outside cairo regularly to keep up to date with current events
• attend on-site locations regularly to verify progress and to assess the impact of any problems found. advise the client about any deviations from the specifications agreed between the client and telecom egypt.
• provide weekly progress reports, using microsoft word in english in a template provided by the client. where required to improve understanding of a situation, these reports will contain sketches and digital photographs taken by the candidate.
• provide exception (‘red flag’) reports describing and problems encountered with the installation work. provide an assessment of the likely impact, and comment on any options for mitigating the impact proposed by telecom egypt. where required to improve understanding of a situation, these reports will contain digital photographs taken by the candidate.
• provide, and regularly update, forecast dates for completion of major milestones and the project completion.
• review post-construction documentation and ensure it accurately describes the as-built duct line.
Job sub category: Jobs in Egypt, Egypt - Egypt
Telecommunications Jobs > Designing Manager > Designing Manager Job Description:
1.design gsm towers and concrete bases 2.create all designs required 3.revise all the internal and external designs 4.create packing list, material and shop drawings to the designed towers 5.revise all the external (from client) and internal shop drawings |
• bs.c civil engineering and graduation project is steel from ain shams/ cairo/alexandria university
• hands on experience in design and detailing of steel towers (telecommunication and/or electricity) of min. 12 years
• highly preferable who has long exposure to manufacturing facilities to ensure manufacturing compliance to designs made
• sleeve roller with high ability to work continuously with limited number of resources to ensure timely delivery of assigned designs
• mastering of tower’s design programs such as tst, sap,…etc
• mastering of detailing programs such as strucad, autocad, x steel
• preferably has m.sc or higher in steel structures
• high communication skills and extinguished leadership skills
• preferable who worked on design accompanied by high exposure to tendering and manufacturing sides.
Job sub category: Jobs in Cairo, Maadi - Egypt
Telecommunications Jobs > Telecommunication Engineer > Telecommunication Engineer Job Description:
based cairo, egyot
the qualified candidate will be responsible for the construction and testing of telecom sites.
please do not reply to this ad unless you pass the below criteria;
- fluent english, spoken and written is a must.
- excellent computer skills
- experience in a related field is a plus
- able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Job sub category: Jobs in Cairo, Nasr City - Egypt